Sound of Jewels

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » . » drama, Anime » City Hunter (k-drama)
City Hunter (k-drama)
Sanjûichi Date: Thursday, 2011-08-04, 4:35 PM | Message # 1
sapphire
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
City hunter

I'm sure you already saw the version in manga or anime, but korean people recently made a drama version.
I found it completely different from the 2 others versions (well, I just saw until the 2nd episode so...).
I was wondering why people find that version so wonderful? I really don't get it...

Is there anyone who can explain it?
Attachments: 1714419.jpg (23.4 Kb)

Lacie Date: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 11:14 AM | Message # 2
pink
Group: SoJ team
I have no idea...I never watched it before but my little sister have. I'm not really into drama but I'll try asking her what's so great about this drama when she wakes up.

shinjou Date: Monday, 2011-10-10, 7:12 AM | Message # 3
blue
Group: Special Rank
i actually wonder why they name it city hunter, after tsukasa hojo's masterpiece (i consider city hunter as tsukasa-sensei's masterpiece, dont know if others felt the same or not, just my opinion) when the story is totally different. i have never watched it, but from the trailer, it doesn feel as if it's the same story at all. probably some people find it wonderful because of the cast. tongue

320929 Date: Sunday, 2011-10-16, 4:53 PM | Message # 4
pink
yea a lot of peeps (esp those that are fans of the manga & anime) opposed to the drama saying it is not even a true "city hunter" adaption. the krn are saying it's a "loosely-based" adaption so they're not really adhering to the plots (or much of anything else other than the name.. i think). but i watched it (was made to watch it by my close friend lol..) from what i can tell from other fans of the drama was that they all drool all over the main guy LMH, esp those who liked his previous drama.. BOF (which i didn't like, preferred the jadaption better), but ya and due to BOF, it automatically helped him gained a large & firm fan-base. tbh tho, the drama itself isn't terrible on its on (just a typically krn "tragic" love-com), but to judge it base on the manga, it definity can't be considered even an adaption :/ really i think the only thing write or director took from the real "city hunter" was the protagonist's passion to bring forth justice but not in a overly cruel way... and so in the drama the main character restraints from cruel treatments or murder inposed by his father on the criminals.

Nao Date: Monday, 2011-11-14, 1:04 AM | Message # 5
blue
Lee Minho x Nana. Everyone loves that especially me. It also shows how cool Lee Minho is wink but I really didn't like the ending for the drama to be honest. I felt that it can be better. sad

StarlightDreams Date: Sunday, 2011-11-20, 8:32 AM | Message # 6
blue
The drama itself is very loosely based on the actual manga. I feel that it only took the concept and changed it to their own advantage. I was actually a huge City Hunter fanatic back when it was airing, but I soon found that it's not something I would want to watch again since I already know what's going to happen. What made it so amazing was Lee Minho (hate to admit it but he is the primary reason why many people actually watched it) and the plot. Those plot twists really kept you on the edge. Additionally, the acting, the producing, etc was all top notch.

Dwv Date: Tuesday, 2011-11-22, 2:45 AM | Message # 7
blue
Group: Users
hmn.... interesting angry angry

Демоница Date: Tuesday, 2011-11-22, 11:32 AM | Message # 8
blue
interesting

Noctule Date: Tuesday, 2011-11-22, 12:21 PM | Message # 9
blue
Well, i'm not really sure about this one in particular but i saw a lot of doramas which were called masterpiece but when i've watched them i easily got bored. i think it has to do with mentality or smth

AnnaBanana Date: Wednesday, 2011-11-23, 6:30 AM | Message # 10
blue
seems interesting

Remoneko Date: Thursday, 2011-11-24, 9:08 AM | Message # 11
pink
It's probably more accurately described as a drama that's "inspired" by City Hunter or something, because I agree that it's nothing like the original story. What made people like it so much despite the rather schizophrenic trailers and synopsis is probably Lee Min Ho, who totally sold his performance, plus his chemistry with Park Min Young. It's an entertaining action drama, if you don't think too much about how different it is from City Hunter. :P I didn't like the ending, though; I know leaving it slightly open fit the tone of the show, but... I still like my endings totally wrapped up. XD

beenz Date: Sunday, 2012-01-29, 2:14 AM | Message # 12
blue
I've watched bits and pieces of it, good thing I didn't catch the ending, cos I want to re-watch it.

lwobliviouslove Date: Sunday, 2012-01-29, 9:16 AM | Message # 13
pink
I want to see what happens in the end. Does he complete the revenge?

cc Date: Monday, 2012-01-30, 8:35 PM | Message # 14
pink
i havent seen the anime or manga. even though i dont like dramas i'd have to see in another light before i could form an opinion of it.

Crayon Date: Wednesday, 2012-02-01, 1:10 AM | Message # 15
white
Group: Users
I watched the first episode but I wasn't more inspired even though there was the beautiful Minho.

Forum » . » drama, Anime » City Hunter (k-drama)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: