• Page 1 of 1
Forum » . » Introduce yourself » hellos
hellos
320929 Date: Sunday, 2011-10-16, 5:31 PM | Message # 1
pink
Group: Special Rank
Awards: 0
Hey there,
my alias is 320929, along with many more lol... i love reading, from literary biographies to manga, esp into historical novels, books, mangas, dramas, you name it :P hence, im a hist major lol am from north america, specifically in canada. i speak fluent chinese (mando), french and english. i do side job of translating dramas lol. hmmm... oh im a girl! lol, dun kno what others to write about so i'll end it here. have questions, feel free to ask smile

nice to meet u all!

Message edited by 320929 - Sunday, 2011-10-16, 5:47 PM

Sanjûichi Date: Sunday, 2011-10-16, 9:28 PM | Message # 2
sapphire
Group: Administrators
Welcome here 320929 ^^

Why did you use those numbers as pseudonyme?

Also, you're translating drama? Which drama is it?

Btw you are speaking chinese? we are currently looking for chinese>english translators so if you want to join us you're all welcome ^^

320929 Date: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 4:56 AM | Message # 3
pink
Heya!
Oh it's just something that stuck with me throughout my years in highschool~ Eh, easy for me to rmbr to it's been added into my lists of alias haha. oh im actually part of the darksmurf CT translation team. and yes i do speak mando and work with traditional chinese, i worked on a few actually like more recent ones like city hunter, lie to me PTB (those that i do watch), some jdoramas and more. and hmmm, i never worked with manga translation community, altho i do, do summaries here and there, but i'll let you kno since it's actually my mid-term periods LOL and i could join but probably won't be as active as you might like. probably in late novemeber i'll be more free and i'll take u up on ur offer smile

Sanjûichi Date: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 7:17 PM | Message # 4
sapphire
Group: Administrators
Oh, I didn't know that group. I will take a look to their website later ^^

And about the offer, there's no time limit ^^
and it's not a problem if you just want to help us just for one chapter or two smile

Waah! you worked on city hunter? I've so many friends who liked it. I don't think the story was that great but the main character is really handsome.
Also, I've just taken a look to "lie to me" (didn't know this serie before you mentioned it) and I wouldn't have recognize Yoon Eun Hye if I didn't check the name on Drama Wiki O_O"

320929 Date: Tuesday, 2011-11-15, 4:07 PM | Message # 5
pink
Sorry for the late relpy :P, midterms are over and done with, until mid-december.... ugh LOL!

And yeah, if you're into the drama scene, DarkSmurf is definitely a great community to work with~ And yeah, I don't mind helping out here and there but I can't really work with simplified at all :/ unless I can hear it (like dramas, or variety shows) that'd be a different story, as for reading you'd probably want to ask someone else haha. But traditional that I can work with :)!

Yeps, I worked on quite a few actually and yeah city hunter... haha! I actually posted what I thought of the drama on another topic.. in the drama section a while ago I believe.. but yeah, honestly I just liked the fighting-action scenes... OH and I got to admit the fashion sense was quite nice but yes the story/plot really felt disappointing..(esp if it's an "adaption" of the manga city hunter!!).

Ah yeah, I actually only picked up Lie to Me only because of YEH! I'm her fan~ And yeah, it's another typical rom-com but it was pretty decent since both main leads played their parts well. biggrin

Forum » . » Introduce yourself » hellos
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: